A few may have been wondering why we don’t have our products certified organic when our products contain enough certified organic ingredients to do so.
One reason is the added cost – we didn’t want to have products that were too expensive.
But the main reason is that our star ingredient (which is in every product we can put it in!) isn’t approved by the organic certifiers, Australian Certified Organic (ACO) or the Organic Food Chain (OFC).
The ingredient is MSM.
MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) is an all natural, bioavailable form of sulphur – the 4th most abundant mineral in the human body – and is vital for freaking amazing skin and overall good health.
The MSM we use is 100% derived from plants (usually pine trees) but it still isn’t allowed in certified organic products. We are not sure of the reason yet but we are working on it.
MSM is one of those ingredients that we couldn’t ignore and was part of the inspiration behind Woohoo Skincare. It first gained attention in the medical world for its ability to decrease inflammation and provide pain relief for arthritis. (It was the secret for many successful race horses). But now it’s creating a major stir in the beauty world because of its anti-ageing properties. It’s becoming the hottest skincare ingredient because it’s natural and it works.
How MSM works
- MSM allows cell walls to be permeable allowing nutrients in and toxins out.
- MSM is used by the body to create new healthy cells and is required for the synthesis of collagen.
- MSM allows your body to fully utilise the benefits of Vitamin C and collagen to help fight the signs of age. Using MSM with vitamin C is like adding liquid chocolate to ice cream.
- Acne, dry skin, itching, scarring and damaged nails are also reported to be helped by MSM
“I started my happy skincare collection with cloud 9 and tickled pink. These products blew me away and I was hooked!! The anti-ageing cream is the perfect addition. My skin is moist, bright, clear and it’s honestly the best it’s ever been!! I’m in love with happy skincare:)” – Kate, 8 Jan 2014
We’re convinced MSM is the secret behind our popularity (Shhhh!). So one day we may go through the red tape and submit MSM for approval by ACO or OFC.
We would have MSM in every product if we could figure out a way to dissolve it in oil but for now you can enjoy the benefits of MSM in the following Woohoo Skincare products
- Cloud 9 Deep Cleansing Balm
- Tickled Pink Perfecting Tonic
- Raindrops on Roses Hydrating Tonic
- Perfectly Happy Anti Ageing Cream
Both the Raindrops on Roses Hydrating Tonic and the Perfectly Happy Anti-Ageing Cream combine MSM with the world’s richest natural source of Vitamin C – Kakadu Plum – to give it a truly huge anti-ageing kick!
Image source: http://www.ancient-minerals.com/blog-post/what-is-msm/